CNH Industrial is a leading global capital goods group engaged in the design, production, marketing, sale and financing of agricultural and construction equipment, trucks, commercial vehicles, buses and specialty vehicles for firefighting, defense and other uses, as well as engines, transmissions and axles for those vehicles and engines for marine and power generation applications. Present in all major markets worldwide, CNH Industrial is focused on expanding its presence in high-growth markets, including through joint ventures.
The Group has industrial and financial services companies located in 45 countries and a commercial presence in approximately 190 countries. The Group had net revenues of $32,957 million in 2014 and, as of December 31, 2014, had 69,207 employees.
As described in the Introduction, Group segments presented in this Annual Report are as follows:
- Agricultural Equipment, which designs, manufactures and distributes a full line of farm machinery and implements, including two-wheel and four-wheel drive tractors, crawler tractors (Quadtrac®), combines, cotton pickers, grape and sugar cane harvesters, hay and forage equipment, planting and seeding equipment, soil preparation and cultivation implements and material handling equipment. Agricultural equipment is sold under the New Holland Agriculture and Case IH Agriculture brands, as well as the Steyr brand in Europe. Subsequent to the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Miller-St. Nazianz Inc. (“Miller”) in November 2014, certain agricultural equipment products are also sold under the Miller brand, primarily in North America;
- Construction Equipment, which designs, manufactures and distributes a full line of construction equipment including excavators, crawler dozers, graders, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, skid steer loaders, telehandlers and trenchers. Construction equipment is sold under the New Holland Construction and Case Construction Equipment brands;
- Commercial Vehicles, which designs, produces and sells a full range of light, medium and heavy vehicles for the transportation and distribution of goods through the Iveco brand, commuter buses and touring coaches through the Iveco Bus (previously Iveco Irisbus) and Heuliez Bus brands, quarry and mining equipment through the Iveco Astra brand, firefighting vehicles through the Magirus brand and vehicles for civil defense and peace-keeping missions under the Iveco Defence Vehicles brand;
- Powertrain, which designs, manufactures and offers a range of propulsion and transmission systems and axles for on- and off-road applications, as well as engines for marine application and power generation through the FPT Industrial brand; and
- Financial Services, which offers a range of financial services to dealers and customers. Financial Services provides and administers retail financing to customers for the purchase or lease of new and used industrial equipment or vehicles and other equipment sold by CNH Industrial dealers. In addition, Financial Services provides wholesale financing to CNH Industrial dealers, which primarily consists of floor plan financing and allows the dealers to purchase and maintain a representative inventory of products.